Booking an Appointment
Our clinical staff will help you deal with acute and long-term health problems and illnesses. This will always involve advice on how you can help yourself, sometimes it will involve treatment in the surgery or medication, and at others referral to local hospitals may be necessary.
Patients can see the clinican of their choice and for ongoing and long-term health problems.
When you need to see someone urgently you may speak to or see any member of our Emegency Care Team.
To book an appointment, please either:
- Use our secure online booking form.
- Call our main switchboard number - 01604 587918 or 01604 751832 - automated option available 24/7
- Visit reception in person.
We make every effort to keep appointment times but there may be occasions when they overrun.
Helping the appointment system run smoothly
- If you are unable to keep your appointment please notify the surgery as soon as possible or by telephoning reception.
- One appointment is for one person. If you want another member of your family to see the doctor or nurse, please book a further appointment.
- When arriving at the surgery for your appointment, either book in at the reception desk or use the self arrival screen / booking in screen in the ground floor waiting room
- Sometimes people can forget to tell the doctor all the important information about their problem. It may help to write their symptoms down.
- If you don't understand what the doctor or nurse says to you, please don't be afraid to ask for a further explanation.
- It can sometimes help to have a partner or friend with you.
- If you are seeing the doctor to discuss the result of an investigation or a recent hospital treatment, check with reception first that any important results or letters have been received.
- Appointments may not be required to have insurance forms completed or renewal of sickness certificates. Please ask at reception
- If you would like a chaperone please speak to the Doctor.
In order to use the online booking service you will need to open an online account by completing a registration. This can be completed by downloading this form or via reception. Please be aware that you will need to provide photographic evidence of identity to open an online account.
Click here to make an appointment online >
Whilst we recognise that children become unwell very quickly, the majority should be able to be brought to the surgery.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact the surgery to cancel so that we may offer this slot to someone else. Continued non-attendance of appointments may, in extreme cases, lead to you being removed from the doctor’s list.