What is the Patient Participation Group and the Patient Reference Group?
The Patient Participation Group is comprised of patients of the surgery who work together with the staff and doctors to help them:
- to provide a means for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and specific medical conditions as an ‘expert’ or experienced patient
- to encourage health education activities within the practice
- to develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
- act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care
- to involve further patients from the wider population (see below)
The Patient Reference Group is comprised of people willing to be contacted a few times per year via email but not necessarily attend face to face meetings.
Who can become a member?
Generally anyone who is a patient within the Practice. However the Practice does have a right to refuse an individual if it considers it is in the best interest of the individual or the Practice.
How to join
We are actively recruiting to our PPG. Please complete this application form and a member of the exsiting PPG will be in contact with you.
If you are interested in joining the Patient Reference Group, please complete this form, or download the paper version and return it to the practice.
Comments & Suggestions
If you have any suggestions or comments that you would like share with the PPG please complete the online comments form. Please be aware that your comments will be sent to the PPG via the practice.
- No medical information or questions will be responded to.
- Individual complaints cannot be dealt with through the Patient Group.
Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager.
Copies of our complaints procedure can be requested from the practice.
Please be assured that your contact details will be kept safely and securely, and not shared with anyone else.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you, and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.
For data and information relating to the PPG pre 2017, please click here
Minutes From Meetings
Minutes of PPG - 30th November 2017
Minutes AGM September 2017
PPG Chairpersons Report Sep 2017
Minutes of PPG - 14th June 2017
Minutes of PPG - 14th March 2017
Terms of Reference
Terms of reference